School Security Position
- Individual must have graduated as a law enforcement officer from a state law enforcement academy
- Cover shift on the school calendar days when children are present
- Be available during the hours from 7:30am-3:30pm (see previous bullet point)
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Respond well to children
- Be collaborative with other school personnel
- Complete the Archdiocese Safe Environment training and keep certification current
- Be knowledgeable with the St. Patrick's School's Crisis and Safety Plan
- Monitor entrance, campus cameras, and conduct screening of incoming persons equipment and packages by visual detection, and other accepted and appropriate security practices.
- Provide all visitors with information and directions.
- Respond to all appropriate questions from the public and employees in a courteous and professional manner; respond within scope of knowledge, expertise, and authority.
- Upon completion of proper training and orientation, be prepared to render immediate first aid and/or cardio/pulmonary measure, in strict adherence to established policies and procedures, as needed or appropriate. Support appropriate medical personnel.
- Assist with all emergencies which may arise, including fires or fire alarms, weather related emergencies, bombs, bomb threats, disturbances, mentally ill persons, or any other threatening or exigent situation that may arise. This may require the summoning of medical personnel and/or the notification of the law enforcement.
- Detect and confiscate all weapons or contraband. If necessary, and in compliance with State Statute and department protocols, detain the individual(s) until other law enforcement personnel respond to the situation.
- Upon finding items that are legal but inappropriate for the campus (i.e., a pocketknife), inform the person they must return the item to their vehicle prior to entry.
Early Childhood Positions
Elementary School K-4 Positions
Middle School 5-8 Positions